The Fanshawe Yacht Club Sailing School strives to employ qualified individuals who have a passion for sailing and teaching others. All our instructors are certified to standards of Sail Canada (Canada's National Sailing Authority).
November 14, 2016:
The Fanshawe Yacht Club Sailing School (FYCSS) in London, Ontario is now seeking Sail Canada (SC) certified Instructors and a Manager for the 2017 sailing season. Come
to London to share your passion for sailing with youth and adults in a friendly and private
FYCSS offers instruction in SC Learn to Sail as well as SC Learn to Race programs. Our programs are taught in 2 and 4 week blocks using CL14s, 420s and Lasers.
We are looking to hire:
- Manager to oversee all programs (hours will vary May-Sept.)
- Head Instructor (who will also be an active Instructor May-Sept.)
- Two Instructors for our youth CANSail 1/2 program (Mon.-Fri. 8:30-4:30)
- One Instructor for our youth CANSail 3/4 program (Mon.-Fri. 8:30-4:30)
- Two Instructors for our adult CANSail 1/2 and CANSail 3/4 programs (runs evenings two nights Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs 6:00-10:00pm or four Saturdays 8:30-4:30)
- One Race Coach for CANSail 5/6 program (weekdays July-August and regattas)
Note: Adult sessions run from the end of May until mid-August. Youth Sessions run July and August. Instructors are invited to apply for one or both (and either night or Sat. or both Adult programs).
Our preferred candidates will:
- Be legally qualified to work in Canada
- Be able to certify SC levels included in, and beyond the level that they instruct
- Be available from mid-May to September 2017
- Be able to demonstrate up-to-date SC prerequisites before the commencement date
- Be enthusiastic, professional under pressure, and show a true passion for progressing in the sport.
We will give special consideration to candidates who also:
- Are active racers (keelboats, dinghies, skiffs, or board-sails)
- Have taught at least two seasons and/or have completed High School
- Are able to take on major boat repairs (beyond simple holes and scratches)
Please submit a cover letter and resume or any questions by January 31, 2017
via e-mail to: